How to start planning your celebration
For many, it feels like there’s an overwhelming amount of things to think about!
Taking control of the important things in life just feels good;
you know it's the right thing to do for you, and your family.
Think about how you want to acknowledge and celebrate your life.
Laying the foundation for a well thought out plan for you or a loved one takes much thought, but, it's worth every moment spent. After all, you’re setting the stage for a more relaxed and enjoyable life, because you’ll have the peace-of-mind preparedness brings. Think about how you want to be remembered.
- First and foremost, let someone you trust know that you have made decisions for your funeral.
- Think about what type of service/funeral you would like. Whether you want a Visitation or not, if you want your body to be Buried or cremated, if you want a religious or secular ceremony
- Document biographical information, organizations and groups that you belong to, names of family members for the obituary, your mother and father's names, this is needed for the death certificate.
- Decide where obituary and memorial information should appear, such as newspapers, online etc.
Choose the type of service you want, the disposition you prefer and make those arrangements. You will need to decide:
- Depending on burial or cremation, selecting your Casket or cremation urn
- If you decide on being buried, decide on which Cemetery and then you may go to the cemetery and purchase lots or a crypt if you have not done so already
- Vault or sectional crypt
- Type of service: religious, military, non-denominational, or fraternal The contact details for the funeral home you designate to care for you
- Pallbearers, music, flowers, remembrance cards, scripture or other readings
- Charity to receive donations in lieu of flowers, if donations are preferred
- Select the speakers and the eulogies that you would want to represent you.
- Decide what organizations or church will benefit from memorial donations in your name.
The people who know and care about you will be there when you need them. You only need to provide them with instructions, important financial details, and then relax. You’re in good hands.
Start Planning Now
To start the pre-planning process, you can fill out our pre-planning form. Or feel free to reach us by phone any time, and we will help guide you through every option.