Cremation and Aquamation
Options for Memorializing your loved one's Cremains
Here are some of the many options for honoring your loved one's cremains:
- Burial: Cremains can be buried in a grave at the cemetery, giving you a place to visit and remember your loved one.
- Placed in a Columbarium which is a wall with niches that store cremation urns. Similar in purpose to mausoleum crypts (which hold bodies). Columbariums can also be inside mausoleums. A niche is a single compartment within the columbarium that holds a person's cremated remains. It can be indoors or outside. The front can be clear glass to display the urn or made of granite or marble with person's name on it.
- Keep in a special place at your home
- Have a diamond made from the cremains
- Mix with seeds to plant a tree or plant
- Become part of a coral reef
- Scattered in a place of significance, such as at sea, in the ocean, in a meadow, or a favorite park, at a favorite place
- Placed in jewelry that can be given to family members
- Used as part of artwork
- Hand blown jewelry with the cremains inside
- Parting Stones are stones made from the cremains that can be given to family members. Click here for more information on Parting Stones.
- Placed in individual keepsakes that can be given to family members
The options are endless.
Your decision for Memorializing your loved one can be a creative and thoughtful reflection of how to honor their life and also an important way to begin to let go and begin to heal. We are here to offer suggestions and provide information and advice.